Office Manager Position
You MUST complete the employment application. To complete the application you must FIRST download the fillable PDF to your computer, then fill it out and save it. In addition, please send a resume with cover letter to: Lawton Fort Sill Chamber of Commerce, PO Box 1376, Lawton, OK 73502 OR email to email@example.com.
Job Description: Office Manager
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Prepared Date: December 7, 2016
Summary: Handle all operations of the front office. Provide friendly and professional first contact for the Chamber to the general public, Chamber members, etc.; direct them to the right resources, answer their questions, and provide assistance with their needs.
Education/Experience: High school diploma, experience in providing quality customer service and accurate documentation.
Language Skills: Ability to write and communicate well with others.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and familiarity with databases.
Physical Environment: Must be able to lift from floor to waist small loads up to 25 pounds.
Essential Behavior Dimensions: Customer Focus, Managing Work, Stress Tolerance, and Adaptability.
Customer Focus – Making customers and their needs a primary focus while developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Seeks to understand customers.
- Educates customers to build their understanding.
- Builds collaborative relationships with customers.
- Takes action quickly to meet customer needs and concerns.
Job Specific Activities
- Manages front office in a professional manner to promote the highest level possible of customer service.
- Maintains the front office in a neat and tidy, clutter-free manner.
- Promotes a positive, upbeat, and professional environment.
- Answers phones in an efficient, friendly and professional manner; redirect callers to appropriate staff and/or resources.
- Assists walk-in customers with their needs, to include phone books, brochures, and other materials.
- Actively participates in securing new Chamber members
- Takes the lead in keeping RSVPs for all events.
- Researches for correct answers or resources for those seeking assistance.
- Prepares and sends requested relocation and other informational packets; logs use of publications.
Managing Work – Effectively managing time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Prioritizes; adjusts priorities when appropriate.
- Makes preparations; ensures that required equipment/materials are in appropriate locations for efficiency.
- Takes advantage of available resources for efficiency.
- Allocates time to complete work; coordinates schedules to avoid conflicts and ensure proper staffing in the building. Uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion.
Jobs Specific Activities
- Maintains files, records, general ledgers, policy binders, and contracts to include managing renewal dates. Keeps them safe and accessible.
- Coordinates “Request for Proposals” (RFP’s) to include distributing, tracking and compiling results to aid in the decision making process.
- Maintains supplies of printed Chamber forms, brochures, flyers, etc. and orders office supplies.
- Serves as main contact for all office equipment and IT issues and coordinates changes.
- Manages job postings in CCAssist to include locating vacancies and removing expired postings.
- Maintains brochures in lobby fixtures, keeps it neat and up to date.
- Ensures compliance with postal regulations; ensures outgoing mail is prepared and ready at the designated time.
- Copies and delivers invoices to City of Lawton for reimbursement. Prepares City Council packets monthly.
- Ensures proper signatories on checks; Mails invoices and payments.
- Trains staff periodically on all office equipment and office policies and procedures.
- Compiles data for annual audit, interacts with auditor, and ensures audit is provided to the City of Lawton.
- Maintains familiarity with the daily office calendar and the website community calendar in order to answer questions regarding events; updates the website community calendar.
- Sorts the mail, prepares check log, make copies for the accountant, and passes the checks to another staff member for deposit.
- Collects monies as needed.
- Provides a results-focused monthly written report for the Board of Directors and the City of Lawton.
- Manages event submissions for LawtonCalendar.com
Stress Tolerance – Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition while handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Maintains focus and productively uses time and energy when under stress.
- Maintains relationships and a positive disposition under stress. Copes effectively to deal with stress.
Job Specific Activities
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude when dealing with the staff public; communicating with tact.
- Completes all assigned tasks by set deadlines.
- Willing to work additional hours when necessary.
Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within the new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Works to understand changes in tasks, situations and environment as well as the logic or basis for change.
- Approaches change or newness positively; treating them as opportunities for learning and growth.
- Speaks positively about the change to others.
- Adjusts behavior to deal effectively with changes; readily tries appropriate new approaches.
Job Specific Activities
- Provides support to various Chamber committees as necessary. Team player helping out at various events.
- Flexibility in response to demands from customers, staff and committees. Other duties as assigned.
To complete the application you must FIRST download the fillable PDF to your computer, then fill it out and save it.