Small Business Committee
Chair: Morgan Gould, Great Plains Technology Center (GPTC)
Staff Liaison: Sharleen Gehers
Are you passionate about the growth and development of Small Businesses? Like you, the Chamber knows the criticality small businesses are to our local economy. Money spent here, stays here. Whether you’re a small business owner yourself, or if you work in a field that has a direct impact on local small business, you can have an active voice in supporting small businesses in the Chamber by joining this committee. What are the benefits to you? 1) Extended networking w/other small business owners, managers, etc. 2) ability to receive peer-to-peer support from colleagues that experience similar challenges in the small business environment, ability to hear from community dignitaries whom are occasionally invited to speak at meetings. (City officials, public office representatives, etc)
Core Operations of the Small Business Committee:
- Serves as the official volunteer group representing the needs of small businesses within the Chamber, and the greater Lawton community.
- Assists in planning the Chamber’s annual SW Oklahoma Business Expo with a focus on providing a premiere tradeshow opportunity for Chamber members and non-Chamber members.
- Provides an educational forum each month that includes Small Business testimonials/best practices by other small business committee members.
- Provides a professional forum for small business personnel to discuss change, challenge, and creativity in their respective workplaces.
- Provides peer-to-peer networking and professional support to Small Business personnel with the primary goal of creating an exceptional Small Business climate within the Lawton Fort Sill community.