Lakes & Parks
Great fishing and plenty of recreational opportunities are available at several lakes in the Lawton area:
- Lake Ellsworth is the largest with 5,600 acres and 41 RV campsites
- Lake Lawtonka boasts 82 RV campsites around its 2,398 acres
- LETRA or Lake Elmer Thomas Recreation Area on Fort Sill is a no wake lake that provides a sandy beach swimming area, double flume water slide, miniature golf and paddle boat rentals
- Lake Helen in Elmer Thomas Park offers easy access to fishing with ample playground space in a beautiful park setting.
- Lake Lawtonka holds the state record for the largest smallmouth bass caught. Click here to view the article.
Click here for more information about area lakes.