Healthy Bites--Quick Healthy Beef and Broccoli
Posted by: Chamber Intern on Monday, February 3, 2020 at 12:00:00 am
- 2 lbs flank, tri-tip or sirloin steak, thinly sliced against the grain
- 2 lbs broccoli, cut into florets & stalks chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or liquid honey
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 4 green onion sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, for garnish
In a small bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup water, soy sauce, maple syrup, cornstarch and set aside.
- Preheat wok on high heat and swirl 1 tbsp sesame oil to coat. Add beef and cook for 7 minutes or until browned a bit, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Return wok to high heat and swirl remaining 1 tbsp of sesame oil. Add garlic and ginger; cook for 30 seconds stirring constantly. Add 1/4 cup water and broccoli, stir quickly. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the sauce really well (cornstarch tends to settle) and add to the wok along with cooked beef. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for a few minutes or until sauce has thickened, stirring.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Serve hot over brown rice, quinoa or noodles of choice.
For more recipes like these, please visit https://ifoodreal.com/