Lawton Fort Sill Chamber of Commerce
Change Starts Here! Can We Count You In?
Join a committee and get involved at the Lawton Fort Sill Chamber of Commerce.
Interested in a committee? For more details, call 580.355.3541 or submit a committee information request form.
Annual Banquet Committee
Recognizing Outstanding Contributions from Our Volunteers
One of the Chamber’s biggest events of the year, our Annual Banquet is where we recognize the outstanding contributions that our volunteers have made to this community. A wrap-up of the previous year is given by the outgoing chair and a vision of the future is given by the incoming chair. Awards are given out for Small Business Person of the Year, Small Business Young Entrepreneur of the Year, Small Business Family Owned Business of the Year, Community Spirit, Shelia O. Lee Volunteer of the Year, Redcoat Rookie and Redcoat of the Year.
Promotion of Agriculture Events and Agri-Tourism
To recruit and assist agricultural events that create a positive economic impact and agri-tourism promotion for the Lawton Fort Sill area. The Agriculture Committee is involved in different events throughout the year.
Chairperson: Renee Payette
Armed Forces Day Committee
Celebrating the Armed Forces
The Armed Forces Day Committee plays a major role in the planning and the execution of the annual Armed Forces Day parade and luncheon. This is a signature event for the Lawton Fort Sill. This event is a way for the community to pay tribute to both the active and retired military.
CVB Advisory Council
A Vital Part of Tourism in Lawton Fort Sill
This group is made up of 13 voting members, which includes 6 hoteliers, 2 representatives of existing tourism committees (Ag, Sports and Tourism) and the chairman, Hossein Moini. This group meets monthly to oversee the tourism program.
The duties for the CVB Advisory Council includes: provides oversight of Convention and Visitors Bureau, reviews funding request and makes recommendations to the Executive Committee, helps recruit new events, and advises the CVB on the direction they should be taking.
Co-Chair: Carrie Pae
Co-Chair: Hossein Moini
Staff Contact: Chelsea Rogers
Serve as over-site for physical responsibilities over all financials to include budget.
Chairperson: Mark Scott
Assisting Our Partners in Education
This group assembles when specific actions need to be taken to assist our education partners with workforce development.
- Initiated legislation to provide students with elective credits for working in businesses
- Raised funds to maintain the National Math & Science Initiative (NMSI) program
- Held summits to identify solutions to workforce issues
- Established working subcommittees to implement soft-skills training in schools
- Created “Lawton Loves Educator” discount programs with merchants
- Formed the Partners in Education program to give individuals, businesses and organizations a means to provide support to local schools
- Hosted community welcome events for Teach For America teachers
- Annually provide input on Chamber Legislative Agendas
- Organized community input sessions for bond issue considerations
Co-Chair: Patty Neuwirth
Co-Chair: James Taylor
Lawton Youth Sports Authority
Passionate About Sports?
If you are passionate about sports and the Lawton Fort Sill community this is the committee for you! This action group meets as needed and is chaired by Reginald Seaton. Over the years they have successfully brought sporting events such as National ASA/USA softball tournaments, large scale basketball tournaments, archery events, and volleyball tournaments. The main goal of this group is to enhance tourism through sports.
Chairman: Reginald Seaton
Staff Contact: Chelsea Rogers
Are you passionate about the Chamber’s mission?
Are you an advocate of your own personal Chamber story? You could greatly help share the Chamber’s value by serving on the Membership Committee!
What are the benefits to you?
- Extended networking w/ other leaders who share in your passion
- First opportunity to network w/ new Chamber members as they join
- Developmental opportunity in preparation for advanced volunteer leadership at the Chamber
- Serves as the official volunteer group responsible for providing support to the Membership Program by assessing current membership benefits and providing recommendations to enhance value added services to members.
- Reviews monthly membership sales report prior to Exec & Board meetings
- Assists with welcoming new members by providing welcome visits and/or calls.
- Assists with planning new member welcome events, i.e. (2) New Member Receptions per year or the bi-monthly Chamber 101.
- When applicable, assists with coordinating Membership Campaigns
- Most importantly, while out in public, serves as an advocate of Chamber Membership
Chair: Joe Diaz, Coast Audio Video
Co-Chair: Vincent Saylor, Vincent Saylor State Farm
Waheed Gbadamosi, BancFirst
Samantha Lankford, CETES at Cameron University
Lynn Null, Great Plains Technology Center
Shykira Smith, Conceirge Service Management
Lavonne Caldwell, Audio Tech
Gordon Shaw, Great Plains Ambucs Club
Staff Liason: Chelsea Rogers and Natalie Cope
Military Affairs Committee
Working to Recognize Leadership on Fort Sill
This group is responsible for implementing social activities which recognize the Fort Sill Leadership. Programs include Hail & Farewells and other receptions for the Fort Sill Command Group. Only Military Affairs members are invited. Members are responsible for all expenses incurred by the committee.
Chairman: Janie Billingsley
Staff Liason: Taron Epps
Why Should You be a Redcoat Ambassador?
The first question should really be what is a Lawton Redcoat Ambassador? We are ambassadors to the Lawton Fort Sill Community, promoting businesses and supporting the Lawton Fort Sill Chamber of Commerce in a multitude of functions.
- You actually learn what the Chamber does, benefits of being a Chamber member, and how being a member affects your business.
- You support your community, through your participation in Chamber activities.
- You see new businesses coming into our community, meet them during ribbon cuttings, and foster a new relationship among the Chamber Membership, which can assist in networking you and your business.
- You promote your brand, by merely participating in Chamber events.
- Learn to improve your marketing and business techniques through the successes of others.
- Provide an invaluable service as an interface between the Chamber and businesses scheduled for retention at 120 days out of membership retention.
- Work and play with likeminded folks who have experience as a Redcoat Ambassador.
Chairman: Joe Diaz, Redcoat Ambassador Chairman
Vice-Chairman: Bonnie Pruitt
Supporting Our Heros (formally CO-OP)
To promote the unity between Lawton businesses and Fort Sill Soldiers.